- Attend to enquiries on disciplinary process / complaints.
- Draft letters, reports and other materials, and attend to correspondence.
- Prepare memorandums, opinions and conduct legal research.
- Maintain database and update records on various processes of complaints involved.
- Liaise with external solicitors and any third parties.
- Perform general clerical duties, including photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Handle all other matters as directed by the management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Possess an LLB (Hons) degree with at least three years of working experience as an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya.
- Proficient in legal research and analysis, and legal writing.
- Well-organised, able to multitask and manage time efficiently, and able to produce detailed and accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to exercise a high degree of independent judgment and initiative.
- Self-motivated and dedicated, and able to work independently in a challenging environment with minimum supervision, yet be a team player.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia. Knowledge of additional languages such as Mandarin (or other Chinese dialects) and Tamil is an added advantage.
- Possess a high level of computer literacy, including proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to travel and work extended hours, including weekends if necessary.
The successful candidate can expect a competitive remuneration package based on his/her qualifications and level of experience.
Please submit a cover letter in English, which specifies the candidate’s relevant experience and provides details regarding the qualifications and requirements listed above, as well as contact particulars.
Candidates should specify their current and expected salary, and send their cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and a recent photograph (non-returnable) on or before 31 Oct 2022 to:
Human Resource Department
Bar Council Malaysia
Wisma Badan Peguam Malaysia
2 Leboh Pasar Besar
50050 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2050 2058
Fax: 03-2050 2065