The Malaysian Bar is a statutory body that is mandated to regulate and protect the interest of its Members in Peninsular Malaysia. The management and the performance of the functions of the Malaysian Bar are carried out by the Bar Council which is supported by its Secretariat. Your responsibility as a Legal Officer at the Secretariat is to provide support on legal matters. In this role, the work you perform will be varied, difficult at times, occasionally interesting, but ultimately fulfilling.
- Draft, review, and process contracts and legal documents.
- Draft policy / position papers.
- Provide legal advice.
- Conduct legal research.
- Liaise / correspond with external parties, including governmental and non-governmental bodies and agencies, and external solicitors.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as assigned by the CEO and Deputy CEO.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Possess an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Law.
- Admitted as an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya and/or a barrister-at-law of England.
- More than five years of post-qualifying experience as a legal practitioner.
- Proficiency in high-level and complex legal research.
- Excellent command of English and good command of Bahasa Malaysia, both written and spoken.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills. Must exercise a high degree of sound judgment in decision-making.
- Detail-oriented, meticulous, consistent, precise, and thorough. Able to produce detailed and accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and driven to improve.
- Adaptive and collaborative, yet able to work independently in a challenging environment with minimum supervision.
- High level of computer literacy, including proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite or Google Workspace.
The successful candidate can expect a competitive remuneration package based on his/her qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are required to submit a cover letter in English, which specifies their relevant experience and provides details regarding the requirements listed above, as well as contact particulars.
Candidates should specify their current and expected salary, and send their cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and a recent photograph (non-returnable), on or before 7 July 2022 (Thursday) to:
Human Resource Department
Bar Council Malaysia
Wisma Badan Peguam Malaysia
2 Leboh Pasar Besar
50050 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2050 2058
Fax: 03-2050 2065