- Handle work of committees focusing on specific areas of law or legal practice. This includes drafting letters, reports and other materials, and attend to correspondence.
- Conduct legal research relating to specific areas of law or legal practice.
- Attend meetings, prepare minutes of meetings and reports, and carry out follow-up action.
- Manage projects of committees, including planning, coordinating, and meeting deadlines.
- Perform general clerical duties, including photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Handle all other matters as directed by the Management.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Possess an undergraduate degree in law (LLB). Preferably with at least one year of legal experience.
- Must be an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Well-organised, able to multitask and manage time efficiently.
- Must be able to exercise a high degree of independent judgment and initiative.
- Self-motivated, dedicated, and able to work independently in a challenging environment with minimum supervision, yet be a team player.
- High level of computer literacy, including proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to travel.
The successful candidate can expect a competitive remuneration package based on his/her qualifications and level of experience.
Please submit a cover letter, in English, which specifies the candidate’s relevant experience and provides details regarding the qualifications and requirements listed above, as well as contact particulars.
Candidates should specify their current and expected salary, and send their cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and a recent photograph (non-returnable) on or before 13 Feb 2023 (Monday) to:
Human Resource Department
Bar Council Malaysia
Wisma Badan Peguam Malaysia
2 Leboh Pasar Besar
50050 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2050 2058
Fax: 03-2050 2065