- Manage and direct the Bar Council’s internal and external communications, including developing strategies and executing programmes to increase the organisation’s visibility and enhance its image.
- Coordinate and manage the operations of the Publications Department.
- Lead in planning, quality assurance, and developing value-added concepts for publications and other communications products.
- Recruit, train and supervise staff.
- Plan, develop and produce the Annual Report of the Malaysian Bar.
- Plan, develop and produce other publications of the Bar Council, including reviewing, editing and/or approving books, magazines, pamphlets, newsletters and email announcements; online, intranet and video content; as well as other special projects and assignments.
- Plan, draft, review, edit and/or approve materials assigned to the Publications Department, and other materials as requested.
- Manage and supervise the development and maintenance of the Malaysian Bar website(s) and its contents, and the use of social media platforms (if any).
- Provide other support and perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Report to the CEO on all management and administrative matters.
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field (preferably law).
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience, including at least 3 years in a supervisory or management-level position.
- Excellent command of English and proficient in Bahasa Malaysia, including in writing, speech and comprehension.
- Must exercise a high degree of independent judgment and initiative.
- Must be meticulous, systematic, precise and thorough, with a keen eye for consistency and detail.
- Have excellent analytical problem-solving, organisational, multitasking and time management skills.
- Able to produce detailed and accurate written work under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated, dedicated, and able to work independently in a challenging environment with minimum supervision, yet be a team player.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to build and maintain productive relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- High level of computer literacy, including proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications. Ability to use online content management systems and knowledge of basic html code preferred.
- Able to work extended hours, including weekends if necessary.
- Successful candidates can expect a competitive remuneration package based on their qualifications and level of experience.
Interested candidates should specify their current and expected salary, and send a cover letter, detailed résumé and recent photograph (non-returnable) by 18 September 2020 (Friday) to:
Human Resource Department
Bar Council Malaysia
Wisma Badan Peguam Malaysia
2 Leboh Pasar Besar
50050 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2050 2056
Fax: 2050 2065