The 73rd Annual General Meeting of the Malaysian Bar (“AGM”) will be held as follows:
Date: 16 March 2019 (Saturday)
Time: 10:00 am
Venue: Dewan San Choon, Level 2, Wisma MCA, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
The agenda for the AGM is as follows:
(1) To consider and, if approved, to adopt the minutes of the 72nd AGM held on 17 March 2018;
(2) To discuss matters arising from the minutes of the 72nd AGM (please refer to the AGM Update Sheet in the 2018/19 Annual Report);
(3) To consider the President’s Report and committees’ reports re: Activities of the Malaysian Bar for the year 2018/19;
(4) To consider and, if approved, to adopt the Audited Accounts of the Malaysian Bar for the year ended 31 December 2018;
(5) To consider the nine motions proposed in accordance with section 64(6) of the Legal Profession Act 1976; and
To access the relevant documents, please click here to log into the Malaysian Bar website, and then:
click here to access a document containing the nine abovementioned motions that have been proposed for consideration at the AGM; and click here to download the 2018/19 Annual Report.
In accordance with section 64(4) of the Legal Profession Act 1976, the quorum for the AGM shall be 500 Members of the Malaysian Bar.
Members who attend the AGM will receive a print copy of the 2018/19 Annual Report on a first come, first served basis. Please note that only limited print copies of the 2018/19 Annual Report have been produced.
Members are urged to make every effort to attend the AGM so that issues affecting the profession may be effectively discussed by as many Members as possible.
We look forward to your presence and participation at the AGM on 16 March 2019.
Roger Chan Weng Keng
(1) Members are kindly requested to make every effort to attend the meeting punctually to ensure a quorum of 500. If the quorum is not present by 11:00 am, the AGM shall be adjourned to 11:15 am on the same day and at the same venue.
(2) Members may park at either Wisma MCA or Menara Citibank at a flat rate of RM6. In order to benefit from this rate, Members must have their parking tickets stamped at the Bar Council counter at the registration area on the Ground Floor.
(3) Registration counters will open from 8:30 am. Light refreshments will be served.
(4) All Members and pupils in chambers will be required to produce their National Registration Identity Card (“NRIC”) or driver’s licence in order to register their attendance for the AGM.
(5) All Members and pupils in chambers shall, upon registering their names, wear the designated wristbands for the purpose of admission.
(6) Pupils in chambers may attend but shall not vote, and shall be seated only at the area(s) designated for them.
(7) A suitable room close to the AGM hall will be designated as the Breastfeeding Room, and will be available from 8:00 am until the conclusion of the AGM. Please note that there are no private cubicles within the room.
(8) Under the Continuing Professional Development ("CPD") Scheme, Members and pupils in chambers will earn one CPD point for attending the AGM.
(9) For information on preferential hotel corporate rates secured by the Bar Council, please refer to the current list, which can be downloaded from the scroll box located on the top right–hand section of the Malaysian Bar website, at www.malaysianbar.org.my.