The Malaysian Mediation Centre ("MMC") is a body established in the year 1999, under the auspices of the Bar Council with the objective of promoting mediation as a means of alternative dispute resolution and to provide a proper avenue for successful dispute resolutions. The MMC is based in Kuala Lumpur and shares premises with the Bar Council. Other centres will be established in other States if and when the need arises. The Bar Council Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee is responsible for the proper functioning and implementation of the Centre's objectives.
Please click here for information on the Bar Council Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee.
The Centre offers a comprehensive range of services which include:
|(1)||Professional mediation services by trained mediators who have been accredited and appointed to the Panel of Mediators of the MMC;|
|(2)||Assistance and advice on how clients may best look after their interests in using Alternative Dispute Resolution processes such as mediation;|
|(3)||Provides training in mediation techniques, accredits and maintains a panel of mediators;|
|(4)||Consultancy services in dispute management and conflict avoidance; and|
|(5)||Administrative and secretarial support.|
The MMC is a member of the Asian Mediation Association ("AMA"). The Association comprises of other leading Mediation Centres namely:
- The Hong Kong Mediation Centre;
- The Philipines Mediation Center;
- The Delhi Mediation Centre;
- The Indonesian Mediation Centre;
- The Singapore Mediation Centre;
- Thai Mediation Center;
- Mediation Unit, Ministry of Labour, Industrial Relations & Employment, Fiji (Assoc. Member);
- Indian Institute of Arbitration & Mediation and
- Bahrain Chamber for Dispute Resolution (BCDR-AAA) (Assoc. Member)
- This Association was incorporated in August 2007. For further information please visit the AMA website.
To register your case for Mediation services, please click here
€€for the procedure.