- Attend to enquiries on disciplinary process / complaints.
- Draft letters, reports and other materials, and attend to correspondence.
- Prepare memorandums, opinions and conduct legal research.
- Review cause papers for cases of appeal and reinstatement.
- Conduct disciplinary hearings before the Disciplinary Committee of the Advocates and Solicitors Disciplinary Board.
- Maintain database and update records on various processes of complaints involved.
- Liaise with external solicitors and any third parties.
- Perform general clerical duties, including photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Handle all other matters as directed by the management.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Possess an LLB (Hons) degree. Preferably with at least one year of legal experience in litigation.
- Must be an advocate and solicitor of the High Court of Malaya.
- Proficient in legal research and analysis, and legal writing.
- Well-organised, able to multitask and manage time efficiently, and able to produce detailed and accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to exercise a high degree of independent judgment and initiative.
- Self-motivated and dedicated, and able to work independently in a challenging environment with minimum supervision, yet be a team player.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia. Knowledge of additional languages such as Mandarin (or other Chinese dialects) and Tamil is an added advantage.
- Possess a high level of computer literacy, including proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to travel and work extended hours, including weekends if necessary.
Successful candidates can expect a competitive remuneration package based on their qualifications and level of experience.
Interested candidates of all levels of experience, including Members of the Bar, are encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover letter, in English, which specifies the candidate’s relevant experience and provides details regarding the qualifications and requirements listed above, as well as contact particulars.
Candidates should specify their current and expected salary, and send their cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and a recent photograph (non-returnable) on or before 8 May 2022 (Sunday) to:
Human Resource Department
Bar Council Malaysia
Wisma Badan Peguam Malaysia
2 Leboh Pasar Besar
50050 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2050 2058
Fax: 03-2050 2065