The Bar Council invites applications for the post of Senior Officer (Admission Department) at its Secretariat.
Requirements:(1) Draft letters and documents for general enquiries on pupillage and admission matters, and deal with all correspondence(2) Attend to walk–in, telephone and e–mail enquiries(3) Prepare notices of objection where there are complaints against pupils in chambers(4) Conduct research and prepare memorandums and opinions(5) Perform general clerical duties (including photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing)(6) Maintain databases and update records on department processes(7) Liaise with external solicitors and third parties(8) Attend meetings, and prepare the minutes and all necessary documents(9) Handle all other matters as instructed by the management
(1) Minimum: Undergraduate degree in law (LLB)
(2) At least two years of working experience in litigation as a legal practitioner
(3) Proficient in analytical and communication skills
(4) Well–organised, able to multitask and to manage time efficiently
(5) Must exercise a high degree of independent judgment and initiative
(6) Self–motivated, dedicated, and able to work independently in a challenging environment with minimum supervision, yet be a team player
(7) Be innovative with constructive ideas to improve the work of the department
(8) Able to instruct, and accept instructions
(9) Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia(10) High level of computer literacy, including proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications
The successful candidate can expect a competitive remuneration package based on his/her qualifications and level of experience.
Interested candidates of all levels of experience, including Members of the Malaysian Bar, are encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover letter in English, which specifies the candidate's relevant experience and provides details regarding the requirements listed above, as well as contact particulars.
Candidates should specify their current and expected salary, and send their cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and a recent photograph (non–returnable), on or before 15 Nov 2019 (Friday) to:
Human Resource Department
Bar Council Malaysia
15 Leboh Pasar Besar
50050 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03–2050 2058
Fax: 03–2050 2065