- Assist the Head of Department (“HOD”) to ensure the smooth running of the department’s committees and its projects.
- Assist and carry out assignments relating to professional indemnity and risk management.
- Conduct research, gather information, and prepare materials in relation to professional indemnity and risk management.
- Contribute ideas and write articles.
- Source for writers and articles on selected topics.
- Manage projects, including planning, coordinating, and meeting deadlines.
- Assist and support in the delivery of risk management to the legal profession.
- Attend meetings, prepare reports and carry out follow-up action.
- Able to take on complex issues concerning professional indemnity and risk management, and communicate objectives and concepts succinctly.
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Attend to enquiries on professional indemnity and risk management.
- May be required to perform other related assignments and ad hoc duties.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Possess an undergraduate degree in Law, English, or Communication. Preferably with at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Good advocacy, drafting, and research skills.
- Detail-oriented with an enthusiastic and good working attitude.
- Able to produce detailed and accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and dedicated, and able to work independently in a challenging environment under minimum supervision, and yet be a team player.
- Meticulous, precise, thorough, consistent, and with good organisational skills.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Successful candidates can expect a competitive remuneration package based on their qualifications and level of experience.
Please submit a cover letter in English, which specifies the candidates’ relevant experience and provides details regarding the qualifications and requirements listed above, as well as contact particulars.
Candidates should specify their current and expected salary, and send their cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and a recent photograph (non-returnable) on or before 20 Jan 2023 (Friday) to:
Human Resource Department
Bar Council Malaysia
Wisma Badan Peguam Malaysia
2 Leboh Pasar Besar
50050 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2050 2058
Fax: 03-2050 2065