- Draft letters and documents in relation to general enquiries on pupillage, admission and membership matters, and attend to correspondence.
- Attend to walk-ins, and telephone and email enquiries.
- Attend hearings in court and before the Disciplinary Committee of the Advocates and Solicitors Disciplinary Board.
- Conduct research on relevant matters and prepare memorandums and opinion pieces.
- Perform general clerical duties, including photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
- Maintain database and update records on department processes.
- Liaise with external solicitors and third parties.
- Attend meetings and prepare the minutes and all necessary documents.
- Handle all other matters as directed by the management.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Minimum: Undergraduate degree in law (LLB).
- At least two years of working experience in litigation as a legal practitioner.
- Proficient in analytical and communication skills.
- Well-organised, able to multitask, and to manage time efficiently.
- Must exercise a high degree of independent judgment and initiative.
- Self-motivated, dedicated, and able to work independently in a challenging environment with minimum supervision, yet be a team player.
- Be innovative with constructive ideas to improve the work of the departments.
- Able to instruct, and accept instructions.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- High level of computer literacy, including proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
The successful candidate can expect a competitive remuneration package based on his/her qualifications and level of experience.
Interested candidates of all levels of experience, including Members of the Bar, are encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover letter in English, which specifies the candidate’s relevant experience and provides details regarding the qualifications and requirements listed above, as well as contact particulars.
Candidates should specify their current and expected salary, and send their cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, and a recent photograph (non-returnable), on or before 7 July 2022 (Thursday) to:
Human Resource Department
Bar Council Malaysia
Wisma Badan Peguam Malaysia
2 Leboh Pasar Besar
50050 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2050 2058
Fax: 03-2050 2065