|Launch of E-filing System|
|Wednesday, 02 March 2011 04:02pm|
Circular No 045/2011
Dated 2 Mar 2011
To all Members of the Malaysian Bar
Launch of E-filing System
Implementation of e-filing was launched at the Kuala Lumpur Court Complex (“KL Court”), Jalan Duta, on 1 Mar 2011. The e-filing system is one of the components of the Judiciary’s e-Kehakiman initiative. It affects the registration of cases, and necessitates that payments be done online.
Bar Council has stated its support, in principle, for the initiative, but has expressed concern regarding various aspects of the system, particularly the pace of implementation. The implementation took place although scant information had been provided beforehand, and details of the system were evolving continually up to the launch date itself. Bar Council received official particulars regarding the e-filing system from the court on 28 Feb 2011, in a flyer that is attached.
According to the flyer, which contains basic information regarding the e-filing system:
(1) e-filing can be done at the service bureau at Level 1 of the KL Court, at no charge, for a three-month period from 1 Mar 2011, after which certain charges will be imposed for services rendered;
(2) Lawyers or legal clerks can walk in for training at the KL Court at 3:00 pm every Tuesday and Thursday in March 2011; and
(3) The helpdesk is located at the inquiry counter at the service bureau (Level 1, KL Court), and can be reached by telephone at 03-6209 4234 (four hunting lines).
The flyer also specifies that, in order to utilise the e-filing system, legal firms are required to purchase:
(1) one Organisation Certificate for the firm, namely a digital certificate to allow digital verification of the electronic filing of court documents; and
(2) at least one Individual Certificate (Roaming ID), which is a digital certificate in the name of the owner/partner/counsel in charge of litigation of the legal firm, for digital signature and to provide for non-repudiation.
We will update Members on the e-filing system when we have more information.
We urge Members of the Bar to provide their feedback on the e-filing system to Nik Waheeda Nik Kamarulzaman, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 03-2032 2043.
Click here to access this circular and the attachment.
|< Prev||Next >|