|Cops seek 25 more over Bersih rally|
|Tuesday, 08 May 2012 10:03am|
©The Star (Used by permission)
KUALA LUMPUR: Police have released photographs of 25 more people sought for various offences committed during the Bersih 3.0 rally on April 28.
This is in addition to the photographs of 91 people already released by city police.
City police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Mohmad Salleh said three of those in the pictures had been arrested and questioned before being released.
“It is better for them to come to us rather than for us to go after them,” he said in a statement on the city police Facebook page yesterday.
The 25 photos are also displayed on the Facebook page.
He said anyone with information could call the nearest police station or call Asst Supt Azmi Aziz on 019-2602 344/019-3872 344 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meanwhile, NGO Solidariti Anak Muda Malaysia (SAMM) handed to journalists photographs of at least 37 policemen whom they claimed to have been involved in brutality during the rally.
The group earlier handed over a memorandum to the Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Ismail Omar at Bukit Aman yesterday.
In the memorandum, the group urged the officers to come forward and surrender themselves.
It was also stated that if the police did not take any action, SAMM would publish the pictures on leaflets and posters.
|< Prev||Next >|