|Looking for a Job? - Why not the Bar Council? (deadline: 24 Feb 2010)|
|Thursday, 04 February 2010 07:16am|
By George Varughese, Secretary
The Bar Council Secretariat assists the Malaysian Bar in upholding the cause of justice and protecting the rights and interests of the legal profession. In order to better serve our members and the public we are looking for qualified and suitable candidates for employment in the Secretariat.
To work for the Bar Council is to become part of an organisation that strives to promote the rule of law, uphold the independence of the judiciary and serve the needs of its more than 13,000 members.
The work is challenging and often hectic but it is rewarding to be part of an organisation that actively engages the authorities and plays an important role in the lively public discourse that is taking place in this country.
If you are interested in the work that we do, hope to broaden your horizons and relish the opportunity to assist an extremely active Bar organisation, we invite you to apply for the following positions:
• Candidate should be a graduate with a LLB (Hons) degree
2. Risk Officer
• Candidate should have LLB (Hons) Degree
• 1 – 3 years legal research experience
• Excellent legal research, writing and editing skills
• Able to work both independently and within a team, working to tight deadlines
• Strong analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
• Occasional travel may be required
• P.S.C. Diploma / Certificate
• Take minutes in shorthand and/or good typing skills
All candidates must:
• Be computer literate
• Have a good command of English and BM
• Be able to work under minimum supervision
• Be well-organised, responsible and able to multi-task
Successful candidates can expect a competitive remuneration package based on their level of experience and qualification.
Interested candidates should send their detailed resume, current and expected salary and a recent photograph (non-returnable) by 24 February 2010 to:
Human Resource Department
|< Prev||Next >|